Good Humor Page - You
Know You're from Texas, if...
- You measure distance in hours.
- You've had to switch from "heat" to A/C" in the
- Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
- Stores don't have shopping carts; they have
- You see a car running in the parking lot at the
store with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
- You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I am fixing to
go to the store.
- All the festivals across the state are named after
a fruit, vegetable, grain, or animal.
- You install security lights on your house and
garage and leave both unlocked.
- You carry jumper cables in your car .....for your
- You know what "snipe hunting" is all about.
- You only own four spices: salt, pepper, cayenne
pepper and salsa.
- You think everyone from a bigger city has an
- You think sexy lingerie is a tee shirt and boxer
shorts.------ OH YEAH!!! :-)
- The local paper covers national and international
news on one page but requires six pages for high school sports.
- You think that the first day of deer season is a
- You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
- You find 98 degrees F "a little warm."
- You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer,
Still Summer, and Christmas.
- You know whether another Texan is from southern,
middle, or northern Texas as soon as they open their mouth.
- There is a Dairy Queen in every town with a
population of 1000 or more.
- Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past-time known as
"goin' wal-martin" or off to "Wally World."
- You describe the first cool snap (below 70
degrees) as good chili weather.
- A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or
pop. It's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor.
- You understand these jokes and forward them to
your friends from Texas!!
My Good Humor